Thursday, August 05, 2021

PLANNING A ROADTRIP TO FLORIDA

That tempting title pulled you in. But it's false advertising. This blogger is not planning to visit Florida anytime soon. Primarily because the climate there is too warm for comfort. Temperature in the high eighties, plus humidity. Also, while I appreciate the fine cigar craftsmanship of the Cuban exiles there, both their music and their cuisine lack a certain finesse.

Vacations should ALWAYS be about finesse.


Which is the same reason why I shan't be visiting Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, or Texas. There's a distinct lack of refinement in those places.

And while societal collapse is somewhat entertaining to watch, from a safe distance (other side of the continent), the Mad Max scenarios encouraged by Red State politicians and Fox News might not thrill close up.


Besides, we have our own pockets of non-refinement here in the Bay Area. There are places in San Francisco where you can't even get a decent cup of tea.
It's really quite shocking, tell you what.



So until the time when Florida (and Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Tennessee) get better, I shall avoid going there. I'll just sit safely here with my hot cuppa, my briars, and my mask.
In a civilized place.
Patiently waiting till the reality show is over.
Bless their hearts.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...