Thursday, June 17, 2021

IT LOOKS LIKE HOME

Everyone knows that the middle of the night is the perfect time for that last pipe of the day, and a walk around the neighborhood, right? It's dark and quiet outside, all the bums have disappeared, and the throngs of vulgar tacky unbearables have gone home.

Then one returns, exclaiming to oneself that "that was such a satisfying smoke, I think I should mention to my doctor how good that bowl of flue-cured leaf and a little anaerobically fermented tobacco was for the soul, and undoubtedly the inner man". Maybe he'll be swayed.

After which one goes on the internet and discovers things. Such as that a favourite eatery (上海榮華川菜館) in Kwun Tong has updated their website. Which does not change anything for me, really, as that's still fourteen hours away by plane.

上海榮華川菜館

The Shanghai Wing Wah Szechuan Restaurant
Ground Floor, 15 Shung Yan Street, Kwun Tong.
[觀塘, 崇仁街 15號, 地下]

But I love the illustration they chose to show what the restaurant is like. It's a charming picture that speaks to me, and makes me wish I were there.

Tung Po pork, twice cooked pork, lions head meatballs, sweet and sour fish fillets, red oil dumplings, drunken chicken, cold garlicky poached pork, spicy dry-fried stringbeans.

[東坡肉、回鍋肉、紅燒獅子頭、糖醋魚柳、紅油抄手、花雕醉雞、蒜泥白肉、乾扁四季豆。]

Their hours are now noon till ten at night. At the time of this writing, it's four a clock in the afternoon there. Perfect time for either a late lunch or early supper.

I miss eating with people.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...