Wednesday, May 11, 2022

PRAISE THE HANDS OF THE COOK!

One of the most delightful videos you will possibly see today is this one where Pakistani tribal gentlemen enjoy a slice of cheesecake for the first time. Which, apparently, is head-bobbingly good. That's something I can easily understand. While my first reaction to cheesecake was not quite bapribap -- a locution with which I was unfamiliar till my thirties -- there was keen delight. As there has been with very many new comestibles.


TRIBAL PEOPLE DISCOVERING CHEESECAKE

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iYQxH2-VM8.]


There is also great charm to the video of them trying a hamburger for the very first time. Particularly the gentleman who has been to the dental clinic, and whose life has been immensely improved thereby.


"I have new teeth so I will try it!"


Kia baat hai! May all of these gentlemen have teeth until the end of their days.

There is also a video about Mexican food (tacos), in which one of them waxes thoughtful about the corona virus, and another recalls the makai ki roti and (sarson da) saag of his home, as well as a spaghetti and meatball video. apple pie, quesadillas, donuts ...
Black forest cake, clam chowder, and jambalaya ...
That last contains "sosit, jhinga, chaval".
Kind of like biriani.

Bismillah er-Rahman er-Rahim.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...