Tuesday, March 08, 2022

MULTI-FACETED

Just spent half an hour unhappily re-reading comments under some of my blogposts from several years ago. One of the best (worst, weirdest) was this: "Maybe, like many liberals, you are a self-hating Jew. The world has no use for your type.". See, this is why I no longer associate with some people and swear a lot in other languages now.

The problem with blogs is anybody can read them (unless you've set them to 'private'). Facebook, on the other hand, has security features that can be tailored. Over the years I've tailored. Heavily. As well as defriended and blocked.


FACEBOOK MEMORIES

Two years ago:
"Someone today accused me of panicking over corona virus. I had to correct him. I was not panicking, but trying to make him and his kind panic. Because this is the best thing that ever happened to the toilet paper industry. For whose product demand is usually, static."

Three years ago:
"When I grow up, I'm going to be just like Pepe the King Prawn."

Five years ago:
"Blog stats: seven perverts, and two culinarists. Same old same old, panties, breasts, and curry."


For your information, I am not Jewish. I am a Dutch American, my ancestors were severe Calvinists who came over several generations ago. And I speak Dutch fluently. There may indeed be a strong element of 'own-group-dislike-or-even-hate' in much of my weltanshauung, because all reasonable intelligent people will evince a "good-lord-my-people-can-be-real-dickheads" self realization. But 'self-hate' is too glib and simplistic a term. I do not hate myself.
I realize that I would not have liked my teenage or early twenties self. He was a bit callow.


One Facebook memory from over ten years ago still perfectly expresses my current self:
"The BDS movement (no, that isn't "bondage, domination, and sadism") had a table outside of Safeway yesterday. Apparently they don't like tobacco smoke either. Sweetheart, I am at least thirty feet away from any operable commercial doorways and windows, so I'll smoke wheresoever I damn well want. For fast relief of that bitter pent-up feeling that's making you so bloated, please consider pissing up a rope."


If anything, I am also a Japanese office lady red panda who releases her pent up work frustrations by getting drunk and belting out death metal at seedy karaoke joints.
I like to think that I am a somewhat flexible person.

As well as muppet-prawnlike.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...