Monday, August 08, 2022

INTERNATIONAL CAT DAY

Quite unsurprisingly, very many of my Facebook friends are in relationships with felines. It is unclear who the dominant player is in those relationships. It seems to be the non-opposable thumb person. And how marvelous to have a creature that opens your cans, types up your social media interactions, and answers the door fully dressed.

It takes a certain skill and intelligence to be a cat person. That's why American presidents are often dog people instead.

A cat person is a perfect personal assistant. Never hire a dog person for the job.


There is an overlap between a cat person and a pile of warm laundry.
Warmth, comfort, a clean smell, and immobility.
Dog people just twitch.

Two of the local dog people I know are reactionary old fudgers roughly my age whose most sentient act every day is lighting their cigars accurately instead of simply waving their three burner torch lighter in the vicinity of their face and hoping for lift off. They habituate the back room in Marin, with their smells, and I suspect that their animals sniff around their nethers to make sure they haven't fouled themselves. Nice dog.

Their dogs probably suspect that that is something all humans do. That accounts for the sniffing. Go away, Rover, I do not need a wet nose in my crotch.
You have me confused with someone.

Cats do not wonder whether you have filled your Depends™. They assume that you have self-control. And you damned well better have, because it takes attention and alertness to cater to them.
Within half an hour of posting the picture above on Facebook there were a dozen positive reactions. The only other pictures that get such responses -- and it takes several days for that -- are drawings of pipes I've done with some semi-narrative over on the philosophers pipe page. My stellar illustrations of warm caffeinated beverages NEVER get much feedback. Apparently hot coffee and or tea do not resonate, from which one must conclude that my FB friends are not early thirties yuppie office workers keen to yack for two hours every day about sports and the latest episodes of Twilight, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Two Naked Men In The Wilderness With a Tiger And A Chainsaw. While the adults in the office grimace and try to get some work done.

Today the world celebrates International Cat Day.

Because cats don't get enough attention.

I presently am not with a cat.

There is no cat here.



But I could be a cat person. Again.
As you can tell from my pipe and hot beverage pictures I have the neurotic attention to detail that it would take. And unlike many cigar smokers I do not foul my garments.
I am capable, and fully sentient.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...