Monday, August 15, 2022

AUNT MAGGIE SAW IT COMING

Objectively, the "good old days" were not very long ago. And they weren't that good. Obama got elected in 2008. What was particularly good about that was the sheer number of crazy Republicans soiling themselves at all hours of the day or night, because of imaginary boogie woogies. I fondly remember Texas being particularly insane -- Obama gonna invade us -- as well as the paranoid e-mails Bob sent into a mailing list he and I were both on claiming that the President and the Democrats were going to come and get our guns, install microchips in our crania, and force us all to eat soylent green. He has since then gotten divorced, married a harpy half his age, and is being taken for everything he has by her. One of my friends suggested that I could have learned a lot from him.

Now, I wouldn't mind marrying a harpy half my age. Provided she was a nice harpy. But there are several problems that promptly come to mind. What would we talk about? What books has she read, how is her knowledge of twentieth century history (and mediaeval times), what does she eat, and how tolerant is she of stubborn old goats who smoke a pipe?

Sadly, most harpies half my age are precisely that; half my age.

Not that I'm a stubborn old goat.

Several of my friends are, besides being the same age as I am. And I do smoke a pipe.
Enjoyed one after tea time, filled with Cornell & Diehl's Sunbear Mountain Flower broken flake, which I bought last week. It's a good tobacco. The sweetness becomes a little more noticeable a few minutes after lighting up, after it has settling into a cruising smolder. Goes well with a hot cup of tea, and would be perfect in a spacious private library with the windows open and the sounds of young men quite a distance away playing cricket, or, better yet, Elizabeth Taylor snarling about her sister-in-law's horrid little no-neck monsters.

One's chosen harpy should have an actively engaged brain. This becomes more important as one gets older. Sadly many men do not realize this.
Conversely, it stands to reason that a decent harpy appreciates a nice cup of tea. NOT that bubble muck that has become standard these days.


The good old days were before tapioca balls.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING

A casual acquaintance suggested that using Latin and Greek terminology for scientific names of plants and animals reflected a Eurocentic mal...