Sunday, June 26, 2022

THE TASK

My apartment mate's sibling died sudddenly the other evening. She's heartbroken. I'm lousy at comforting her. She's lousy at processing such input in any case. Both of us are on the Autism spectrum, Aspergers and socially awkward. Being human is more of a struggle than it is for most people, and requires more thinking things out than we're easily capable of. Which at times is okay and I have no reason to complain, because humans aren't all they're cracked up to be, and I enjoy not being around them too much. But I wish I were much more skilled at being a nurturing person, because I hate to see her so unhappy.

I'm just not good at being human.

Inadequate.






==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...