Monday, October 11, 2021

NEXT TIME BETTER!

At this time I know more about a good friend's brother's horribly collapsing marriage than is comfortable. And really none of this is anything I wanted to know. I had no interest or curiosity in the matter. I grieve for my lost innocence. Divorce is always messy, apparently, and part of the mess is the rippling tide-pool ever-widening circles of data and weirdness.
It's like a devloping relationship in reverse.
Remarkably, after the whole thing is finalized, many people jump right back into the shark pool convinced that they have learned from their mistakes. Which is why one of the people I know is now a right-wing loon: his wife's cultural group is venomously insane.


Others resist the temptation and the destructive blandishments of their busibody friends and kin, and lead happy albeit somewhat solitary lives. Years ago, after my long-time relationship fell apart, some friends helpfully suggested courses of action which if pursued would have ended in madness. Some offered to introduce me to people.

For over a decade now I have been a single man. I do not particularly like being a single man, but I don't particularly dislike it either. I do not want to meet your distant cousin. Or that nice religious woman who works downstairs in your office. Thank you for not suggesting it.


One acquaintance has in the last ten years introduced three women to the rest of us as his new love, the one and only, this one is really it, the others were wrong as he now realizes .....


They're so similar we can't keep them apart.


They could've done better.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...