Wednesday, October 27, 2021

HER BADLY RESTRAINED EXCITEMENT

Given all the attention she paid to the pale young woman from Hubei, which was even to this impartial observer odd and disquieting, upon reflection I now realize something that must have been obvious; the old lady may be a frustrated lesbian. It would explain why the waitress intensely dislikes her. I had not seen the woman so chattersom ever before.
Mostly she's glum and seems resentful.
I am now imagining her "putting the moves" on the waitress.
Amateurishly, and without a clue.

Oop ack react.
And ick poo.

Shan't ask any questions, and I don't want to know.
I'm just there to enjoy a tasty lunch.
And have a cup of milk tea.

I am often clueless about these matters, and comfortable about that. Other people's love lives (or lust lives) are intellectually more intriguing as concepts than the bald and straightforward facts of the matter, if I was aware of them, would possibly warrant.
And yes, that goes double or triple for my own love life.
Which does not exist at all in the real world.
It's an intellectual conceit.


The old lady's "conversation" with 'miss Hubei' was entirely in Cantonese, which the object of attention may have understood, but did not speak, as when she addressed the waitress it was in English. Calling it one sided would be an understatement van jewelste.


Chinese are romantic people. The videos accompanying the ballads on the big screen on the back wall of the restaurant made this clear. Video one: little boy gives girl flowers, gets brutally told to piss off by her father. In their late teens they are secretly dating, when her father finds out and puts a stop to it. Years later he's performing on stage, she's in the audience, their eyes lock. Video two: the feudal warlord has a prize vase and is the father of the lovely girl. The prize vase ties the two young people together, somehow it means something to both of them. They both die during a battle in the palace, while trying to save the vase from looters. Centuries later he's reincarnated and bidding on the vase at an auction of antiquities, but yields to her bid; outside the auction hall their eyes lock and they recognize each other. Video three: An old man lovingly repairs the doll which belonged to his wife, which he gave her when they were both juveniles, as the flashbacks make clear.

My Dutchness and my Aspergers (spectrum disorder) prevent me from seeing my own life in such romantic hues. Or recognizing when someone else does so. When I was still on a dating site, it seemed like every woman there wanted to hike the Andes with a sensitive version of Pierce Brosnan, or raft down the Amazon with a supernaturally wise and spiritual hunkus wearing native sandals, with a dog. I didn't bother contacting any of them.
I may have missed numerous clues there, and in real life.
Dutch and Asperger; NOT a romantic hero.
I lack the right reactions.
Herring.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...