Sunday, October 24, 2021

CAKE AND CIGARS

It rained all day. Since before I even went out for my first smoke till after I returned from work, and continuing. So, as was to be expected, it was a slow lovely day. Inside. Soggy as all git-out outdoors, but we spent the hours in a warm cozy environment, and paused around tea-time for a slice of cake and a warm caffeinated beverage. After which my coworker fired up a cigar.

Not being overmuch into cigars, I had a pipe.
And remembered when I got this particular briar. Tiberio had asked me to clean up his Comoy Blue Ribands, and in addition to recompense for time spent gave me this item which he had owned since his college years and had almost never smoked. He went to university in the late fifties early sixties, when every scholarly young fellow at school had pipes.
It's a very good smoker. Very enjoyable.

Remarkably, my coworker had earlier experimented with same tobacco that Tiberio smoked.

I think he liked the cake more. Cake is such a happy thing.
Everybody loves cake. Cake cake cake cake!
There. Don't you feel better?


"Rigor mortis is much more bearable when you are warm and dry!"


I'm not entirely sure the grumpy walrus who had dropped by earlier appreciated my puckish attempt at joviality. Possibly because no one expects me to be that way, or perhaps because grim gothic jokes with words not often used conversationally was entirely beyond him.
Or perhaps he really needed cake and a cigar.



On a different note, I did get wet from the weather, and acid rain does remarkable things to my hair, making it shiny and ever so much softer. Silky, sexy. Ideally a nice young thing in her late twenties or early thirties would run her lovely fingers through it tomorrow, but that is extremely unlikely, and I don't know what my reaction would be. One does not expect random females to handle one's head. Not spontaneously. A sudden fit of inspiration. And here in San Francisco that would prove dramatically disturbing were it to happen. There you are, enjoying your warm beverage, when suddenly you feel small warm digits running over your scalp.
Yeah, no, on second thought .....

Besides, none of the places where I'm likely to go tomorrow are frequented by women inclined to do something like that. I would have noticed by now.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...