Wednesday, October 27, 2021

CHINESE FAMILY RELATIONS

The sibling of a friend is heading for a messy divorce. Which I am NOT enjoying, vicariously. My divorce very many years ago, and my split-up from my long time girlfriend a decade ago, were relatively amicable and peaceful. My ex-girlfriend is still a very good friend. And we didn't fight about dividing things or whose fault it really was. It was almost certainly mine.
I am not the most likable of fellows, nor easy to always get along with.
Plus I'm rather stubborn and insensitive.

This is not like that. It's civil war, with vengeful actions.
I'm siding with the sibling. He's rather innocent.
Quite blitheringly naive in fact.

The entire situation has Aspergers (high-functioning autism) written all over it. He's certifiably a genius in his narrow field, his wife (soon to be ex) is a genius at being an opportunistic conniving bitch from a family of nasty bitches.


Both parties are Chinese American.


Three thousand years of Chinese history and tradition do NOT lead to clean resolutions. They don't even make an impact, really. As someone from a culture that tore to pieces and then ate their best political leader ever (Johan DeWit), and drove some of it's greatest poets and artists to drunkenness and suicide, I am not the person to give advice, even if that does qualify me to dispassionately view the discord. We Dutch tend to be brutally realistic at times.
Merely brutal the rest of the time.

So I will keep my big honky nose out of this, and won't get involved in any way. Except if it's necessary. I shall be studiously neutral. Hardly impartial and unbiased. But 'neutral'.



When the Chinese under the Manchus finally grew tired of rebellions in Dzungaria, they genocided it completely, with the enthusiastic assistance of the Uyghurs.
Then annexed it and settled their own people there.

That shouldn't have any bearing on this, but it's indicative of "problem solving" attitudes.


We Dutch once wiped out an entire island for strictly business purposes.
Oh, and we invented scalping and taught it to natives elsewhere.

That shouldn't have any bearing on this. But there's a match of madnesses.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...