Saturday, May 01, 2021

CRAP WARMED OVER

The day after the final shot was rather awful. Chills, aches, and complete energy depletion. Interrupted by curry noodle soup. Seldom have I felt so physically wrecked.
The injected shoulder felt like a house had fallen on it.

Spent most of the day in bed with two down comforters trying to get warm.


Went into her room during the afternoon to get the turkey vulture, who was snuggling with the senior roomie (Ms. Bruin). I've learned that if I don't feed him, he slags me for the next twenty four to forty eight hours. He's keenly interested in food.

For some reason which I cannot fathom he has a well-developed vocabulary for food and insults in Cantonese. Which is odd. Turkey vultures are NOT natives of China, or even widely known there. Hence the misnaming of them.

禿鷹 = buzzard ('tuk ying'; "bald raptor"). But it really should be 鵟 ('kong'), which is a generic term for buzzard. And probably 美鵟 ('mei kong'), to signify that he is an American buzzard. His favourite food, on a purely intellectual level, is juvenile hamster (倉鼠 'chong shyu'; "the grain storage mouse"), which he has never had; he thinks hamsters look like meatballs, ergo they must be good. We will not permit him to eat a hamster.

His second favourite food is the fatty thighs of decedents.
I am too scrawny, and I don't plan on dying soon.
He must remain disappointerd.



香港,啟德機場,跑道 13。

For no reason other than that I finished drawing it, here's a picture of an inactive airport that a lot of people remember.
Landing there may have shortened some people's lives.
Especially during typhoon season.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...