Saturday, May 29, 2021

FIRST THING, DITCH THE TATTOOS!

A friend in Canada is despondent because he is single. He is my age, more or less, and quite convinced that the number of women in the world is decreasing at a very rapid clip. I believe that he has set his sights too high. The number of eligible bachelorettes living in an area where wrestling wild bears and moose is a daily task, while hiking ten miles to the general store for a bucket, in all kinds of weather (it snows up there), must, necessarily, be somewhat limited. Especially when the only luxury product available in those parts is a bucket.
It's not even a nice bucket.

He lives in Toronto. Which is filled with lumberjacks up near the Arctic Circle.

I've suggested to him that he should move down here to civilization.
And cultivate a more upbeat attitude.


I too am single, but I'm not a social butterfly like him, and I do not expect a woman to fall into my lap. It might happen, but I'm not going out of my way to get there. I don't shop at the Marina Safeway, I'm not on any dating sites, don't attend yoga classes, and I have no tattoos.

And, quite unlike Seiji Amasawa (天沢 聖司) in Whisper Of The Heart, I do not check books that anyone else wants to read at the library. Nor do I play the violin. So the chances are slim.
It does not in affect my self-image. Unlike my friend in Toronto (a total disconsolation-inducing wasteland), who is smaller in his mind than reality would suggest.


Perhaps it would be more practical of him to start a blog featuring his photos of his meals, which are zesty and exciting. And sometimes look too delicious to eat.


Likely date-material usually loves pictures of food. Unlike the rather sterile illustrations of pipes which show up on this blog. Which only thrills crusty old men who remember the post-war period as a golden age.

[The statement "that reminds me of my grandfather" pretty much kills any idea of romance, as does the fact that it does actually remind people of their grandfather.]



The main reason why more men don't smoke pipes nowadays is because the last male in their family who did, didn't have offspring. Their grandfather remained a childless bachelor till past his nineties, and had to be clubbed to death because he just wouldn't go by himself.



Pictures of Pipes


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...