Monday, May 31, 2021

PEOPLE

Dinner was noodles with meat, vegetables, garlic, ginger, chilipaste, and salted black beans. At Cantonese restaurants the most common vegetable for the black bean sauce treatment is bitter melon, which is becoming plentifully available again, but I finished the bitter melon I bought last week, and used small cabbages. I haven't eaten in a restaurant in nearly fifteen months.
Sometime within a month I'll have bitter melon omelette over rice.
I hope that the same folks are still working at the restaurants which I like, because I really don't want change for a while. Stability, and a return to normal, as far as that is possible.

And I like those people. They always treated me with kindness.


It will probably take time for some of us to become social creatures again, comfortable having strangers around us. For over a year we've not really associated with many others, and have developed a quietness that we did not have before.

Hot beverages and someone bringing us plates of food.
Dawdling a while in a comfortable place.
Watching people being people.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...