Monday, February 03, 2020

A DISTANT PLACE

Woke up dreaming of Makati and Binondo. Of course, what with it being the middle of Winter here right now, those places could not be further away. Low forties here, fifty degrees warmer there. Places and people I haven't seen for years.

Words: Cubao, Pasay, Epifanio De Los Santos (Edsa), North Ong Pin Bridge, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Parañaque .....
Tastes: Pan de leche, coconut jam, kalamansi juice, vinegar, garlic .....

The heat, the humidity, and the traffic jams.


No, I do not miss the humidity or the traffic.


Or the expats.


The food, however, was spectacular. A good reason to go back sometime.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

BEFORE THE RAINS

Well, sleep was sheerly awful. Legs. My cardiologist tells me that there is a solution for that. Yet I hesitate, because I'm walking mor...