Thursday, August 25, 2016

WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE WHITE BREAD?

One of my co-workers has peculiar taste in music; all day long he was playing Frank Sinatra. So of course the subject of Mambo came up.
For those who have never heard of it, Mambo is an Afro-Cuban musical genre with syncopated motives derived from the older Son style which are combined with improvisation (originally on a flute), and the conga drum brings up the rear.

[No, I have no idea what I just said. Nix I know from music.]

In direct consequence of all of this, I kept playing Polka tunes in my head. Accordions will drown out any amount of Frankie.
And that is a good thing.

I am a kind man; I shall not embed Polka youtubes.

But I could. Just remember that.


HERE ARE SOME MEXICANS!

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idoDS7Mq5y0.]


Please contrast that with clog-dancing.

Much better, don't you think?


Frankie probably isn't very popular in Mexico. I think I would not at all have minded hearing the Guaracha in countless variations for nine hours of the day. It would have been cheery and refreshing, and it would have been the perfect accompaniment to the hot sauce I dolloped all over my egg-salad on spongy American bread sandwich; the hot sauce was like this music, egg salad is the equivalent of Frank Sinatra.

The trick is to use enough hot sauce to drown out the egg salad.

I work in Marin County; every little bit helps.

Bailar bailar bailar!



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

KINDLY SHUT UP

If you were travelling, you rather looked forward to the easy camaraderie and hubbub of the cafe on the platform, where you'd settle dow...