Friday, August 12, 2016

EVERYTHING SOUTH OF TEXAS

Looking at my blogstats what stands out is that most of my readers can be presumed to speak English. Specifically, non-Desi English. The two second largest groups communicate in Russian computer code, and Mandarin Chinese. There are virtually no readers in India, Africa, South America, and Oceania. And absolutely zilch in Antartica; no penguins either.
South of the Texas-Mexico border, it's all white.
Probably south of Oklahoma too.
Texans don't read.

Why is that?

Actually, it closely matches my own reading preferences. Rather than looking up data or news on the Ashante or the Yanomami, I tend to search for articles about Zhou Dynasty bronzes, Hong Kong Milk Tea, Steamed Pork Hash, and streetnames in Hong Kong. In addition to fascinating stuff about Dutch sailing vessels, matters Judeo-linguistic or Sino-linguistic, and differing underwear styles throughout the ages.

I do have minor interest in The Golden Stool, Thai Kingdoms, and Tamilakam, but mostly my interests are in the Northern Hemisphere, temperate zone, with some sparkling in the former Dutch colonial realms, especially Insulinde and Surinam.


Africa is a dark continent where people speak Akan, Amharic, Arabic, Berber, Chewa, Fulani, Gikuyu, Hausa, Igbo, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Kongo, Lingala, Malagasy, Mõõré, Oromo, Sesotho, Shilha, Shona, Somali, Swahili, Tigrinya, Tshiluba, Umbundu, Yoruba, Xhosa, Zulu, and several hundred other tongues. About which I know nothing.

There is some wonderful food there.
I really should investigate.

It is unlike Texas.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Bernie or Bust said...

Aren't there some Dutch possessions, or former possessions, in Africa?

On another topic, you've mentioned on this blog that you quit smoking cigarettes in the 1990s. Was it difficult? I'm contemplating quitting now, or at least cutting down (I currently smoke 6 to 7 packs a day), and I was wondering if you could share your quitting story and help me with any helpful advice? In a post, please, because my browser has difficulty displaying blog-comments; I'm using a friend's computer to type this.

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...