Thursday, December 01, 2022

IN WHICH THE WORDS 'PISS OFF" NEVER GET USED

Overheard: "You're ruining their entire vacation!" "Mm, mm, I tried." And let's just say that the second person did not sound particularly concerned about it. Which I can quite understand. Convenience store clerks are NOT the tourism board. And unless they're from the East Bay and commute daily, will probably not understand the ferry schedule, or know that the Berkeley Rose Garden is like, you know, not near Moscone Center.

So do you want that Slurpoo, or not?

Don't hold up the line!


My piles veritably do not bleed for out-of-towners asking stupid questions and Karen-like expecting every one to cater to them and their precious visit to civilization.

I got over that when I worked in the restaurant industry.



For some reason City Hall wants the locals to make visitors feel welcome, not realizing that the shoe will never be on the other foot, none of us can afford to travel, and we sure as heck ain't going to Kansas or Mississippi where they hate liberals from places like San Francisco. Maybe Nawlins, a convention, assuming the company pays for it. Liquor and a damp hotel room not too close to where people get mugged. Yeah, no, don't want to hear your stupid theory about anything, Tex, just add more Bourbon to that drink.
RABBIT RABBIT

A friend insists that I shouldn't judge America so harshly, because I haven't ever met real Americans, or visited the heartland. Frankly, he can stuff a sock in it; San Franciscans are just as American as those people, and tonnes of "them" have visited here. So I'll be as judgmental as I damned well want to be, and both he and they can lump it.


PS.: It is traditional to say "rabbit rabbit" first thing in the morning on the first day of the month. Hence the illustration above. Good luck or sumpin'.
I haven't even had my damned coffee yet.
Rabbit rabbit.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...