Monday, December 12, 2022

EASY TO MANAGE

There is now a woman in Chinatown who knows, KNOWS, that I have son with a little girl, a granddaughter. Because of what I bought in her business, and the ensuing conversation.
This being an easier explanation than that I was purchasing something for my apartment mate's birthday, and that both of us like certain childish things.

Elsewhere I also bought a colourful Christmas card for the turkey vulture who shares our apartment, who is somewhat hesitant about moving to the salt flats to join all the other turkey vultures -- he is their long lost prince -- because he's heard from reliable sources that they'll rough him up a bit, steal his lunch money, and tear his pretty Christmas card to pieces and share it among themselves. It's HIS card! His! So pretty!

Actually having a card will, we hope, reinforce his resolve in the other direction. We feel sure the other turkey vultures will consider him a candy-ass, totally unsuited to the rough Marlboro-man life style of carrion eaters in the wild. He's basically a city dude.
And barely a foot tall. Quite immature, a child still.
With a very rich inner life.
Still young.
Per a tradition of a few years standing, I get her another stuffed critter at this time of year. So that she adds one more voice to her repertoire of mouthy alternates.
The illustration above is a hypothetical.
Doesn't actually exist.


Had tea afterwards at a nearby place. Old codgers, plus an Indian and his grandkids, and a little girl and her mommy who ordered 焗番茄豬扒飯 ('guk fan ke chyu-baa faan'; baked tomto porkchop rice). Because little children after school must be fed. The waitress recognizes me by know, and knows that I'm having hot milk tea and something.


I am NOT a grandpa! I just look like one.


It's cold today. Something bunged into the microwave at a bakery hits the spot.
And clearly I am not the only one who thinks so.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optimistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...