Wednesday, January 27, 2021

THE KITCHEN SMELLS A BIT ...

It is cold. This has necessitated periodic visits to the kitchen to warm up. There is now a jar of freshly-made curry paste, good for about a dozen dishes. It is richly complex, yet of a standard taste spectrum. Making it conveniently disguised the smell of smoking.
The warmth of the kitchen kept my fingers alive.
My fingers have not turned blue.
Close, though.


I need fingers that are not stiff and blue for my exercises in neurotic attention to detail, which is what drawing on the computer with the paint program really is. Such as this latest exemplar, a pipe by a Dutch company located not too far from the area where I spent my childhood.
After I prepare lunch, I shall venture out into the blasted cold and wind, braving the elements, to enjoy a pipeful. Assuming that I can keep from shivering. And risking sogginess if I miscalculate when the rain will start again.

So; curry, tobacco, arctic conditions.
Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

咖喱垃圾面 ('gaa lei lahpsap min') What the Hong Kongers charmingly call "curry garbage noodles": miscellaneous vegetables and meat over noodles with curry flavoured broth.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest life Nguyen, hot, baths. Occasional nips of whisky, and homemade soup.

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...