Wednesday, January 20, 2021

HABEMUS PRAESES

Of course I watched the swearing-in live. It's a historic moment. And hope has been reborn. As one of my favourite bloggers said " I'm happy he's not on Twitter and beyond happy he's gone a very small part of me wishes I could see him live Tweet this inauguration."

I wish I could see some of the cigar smokers who supported Trump puke into their early morning cocktails right now.

Also, thanks to a Danish pipe maker whose work is solid, I have pre-emptively blocked several people from ever contacting me. All "true Americans". For non-Americans reading this, that means 'retrograde slope-browed hicks' from the red state world. My Facebook blocked list is well over two hundred people, my various e-mail blocked lists are as large.

Joe Biden says he will be a president for all Americans. There are seventy million of them whom I never wish to know.


For everyone else, this is a new day, hope has dawned again, there will be progress, and we'll rise out of this mess and rebuild.

There is much to do.



What with being a petty and vindictive man -- severely flawed, ich veiss, ich veiss -- it is a sincere wish that a number of people do not enjoy this day, and have excruciating stomach acid for the next several years. May their food burn on the way in, and may it burn on the way out. May their lives be damaged, dysfunctional, and traumatic. And may their liquor prove tasteless and disappointing. And toxic to their livers too.

I have never been a forgiving man.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...