Thursday, August 10, 2023

IT'S DARK AND MOIST

When I had finished my cup of coffee and stepped outside for a last pipe smoke of the day it was densely foggy outside, you could see the air under the streetlights. Somewhere in the neighborhood dogs were anxious to step into their loo, and dog humans were saying "not now, Fido, let's wait until morning". Under the false assumption that the weather at dawn will be more conducive to strolling with a pet. Who has desperate needs, held all night.

This city is unsuitable for dog people from elsewhere.

You really need to get him on a regular schedule.

I know. Send him to a British public school!

Nah, that final cup of coffee at night did not keep me up. I used to live half a block away from the Caffè Trieste. A cheering espresso beverage at ten in the evening is just the ticket. Healthy! Full of antoxidants. In a moist cold city it's just what you need.
Hyperbolizing what my doctor said four years ago.
But more or less accurately.

Trust me.
Well, okay, I was up till past twelve reading a dictionary, maybe because of it. But I had a got a good night's sleep, and my first walk of the day with a pipe, after a cup of coffee, was bright and cheerful and kind of moist. If you time it just right there is no one about walking their dog, and the poor beast will have to clench just a little while longer.

Or determinedly follow Kevin or Ashley into the bathroom.

"Out of my way, human, I'm on a mission!"

No one in my building has a dog. There's a cat somewhere.

As you can tell, I am in tune with animals.
That may be just the coffee, though.
Or a neurotic fancy.
Brain fog.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HE AND SHE

When a bear raids your storage locker, he (or she) is probably looking for bacon and cheesy poofs. It stands to reason. As a smart animal, a...