Wednesday, August 09, 2023

AND PEOPLE STILL DRINK THAT STUFF?!?

Falling asleep last night was difficult for several hours after I went to bed. And I'm blaming the bartender (new there), though to be honest, it wasn't his fault. General itchiness that was far worse than normal, aches, muscle pains, and physical discomfort. I think I've pinpointed the cause, though further experimentation is required.

When the glass of hot water came to the table with a bag of chamomile tea already steeping in it, I ditched the chamomile and substituted a bag of black tea from my coat pocket.
Resulting in chamomile-flavoured black tea.

Hellooooo Wikipedia!

Possible side effects

Chamomile, a relative of ragweed, can cause allergy symptoms and can cross-react with ragweed pollen in individuals with ragweed allergies. It also contains coumarin, so care should be taken to avoid potential drug interactions, e.g. with blood thinners. While extremely rare, very large doses of chamomile may cause nausea and vomiting. Even more rarely, rashes may occur. Type-IV allergic reactions (i.e. contact dermatitis) are common and one case of severe Type-I reaction (i.e. anaphylaxis) has been reported in a 38-year-old man who drank chamomile tea.


End Quote.


Previously I may have mentioned that I'm on medication, yes?

Reading further, I determined that I should never visit Arizona and New Mexico, along with adjacent portions of California, Colorado, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.
Or Hungary. Ragweed and nazis. Just in case.

Also fascinating was following the coumarin rabbit hole.
Which leads to tonka beans and cinnamon.
CINNAMON LEAVES

Cinnamon inevitably means an infestation of Dutchmen.
Or also, quite likely, cinnamon schnapps.
And no one wants that.
Neither.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HE AND SHE

When a bear raids your storage locker, he (or she) is probably looking for bacon and cheesy poofs. It stands to reason. As a smart animal, a...