Saturday, September 11, 2021

THE DAY FOR OBSESSIVES

A splendid lazy day. Having taken the day off for the ceramic and glass festival in Palo Alto, there was no need to rush on anything. Got up later than usual on a Saturday, putzed around with coffee for a while, shaved showered dressed, and out of the house shortly after eleven.
I had been outside earlier with a pipe -- at around twenty to eight -- and waved to auntie with the cheerful pistachio-hued hat as she strode past on her morning walk, and my apartment mate, who had offered to drive me down was still fast asleep in her quarters, having given the volunteer project that she engages in every Saturday warning that she wouldn't be in today.

Got back from Palo Alto before three. Plenty of time to gloat over new acquisitions.
I've been collecting pottery since my mid-twenties. It's sort of obsessive.

A number of friends have received ceramic gifts over the years, because it is good to share beautiful things. So, of course, sixty percent of what I acquire does not stay here. Which is a good thing; this is a small apartment, inhabited by two people who both like books and nice objects. It's a little bit jam packed.


The ACGA Clay and Glass Festival is held every year, usually in July. Last year it did not happen, this year they're holding it in September, on the eleventh (today) and the twelfth.
I keenly look forward to it every year.



Finished the day with multiple cups of tea and a cookie or two over the next four or five hours, plus some soupy green chili keema-gobi over rice stick noodles.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

BEFORE THE RAINS

Well, sleep was sheerly awful. Legs. My cardiologist tells me that there is a solution for that. Yet I hesitate, because I'm walking mor...