Tuesday, September 28, 2021

LOVELY CRIMSON CHILI PEPPERS

Hủ tiếu đồ biển (海鮮粿條湯 'hoi sin gwo tiu tong), seafood rice noodle soup in the manner of chiu chow (潮州) is a superior breakfast dish in southern Vietnam. Or the perfect lunch in San Francisco. Fresh shrimp, fish balls, fishcake slices, something pork, thin rice noodles, chopped chives, cilantro, sliced green chili, squeeze of lemon juice, broth with a touch of sugar. Other seafoods, if available, could be added. Which in fact is recommended if making it at home.
And, if a barbarian like myself is cooking, thinly sliced mushrooms.
Plus there should be ginger in there.

And, apparently, I am a favoured customer. 老客。

So I was the only person enjoying his food there. Plus a glass of ice coffee. It always surprises the heck out of me when people are glad to see me, because I honestly do not think that I'm a nice guy. It's disconcerting to find out people have ideas about me at odds with my self-image, and it's been happening a lot lately.

While I was smoking my pipe on Pacific Avenue afterwards, three people said hello.
Despite the awful smell of pipe tobacco and seafood soup that adhered.

There I am, just holding my bag of fresh chilies, and people greeted me!
I'm trying to be anonymous here, hiding behind my smoke cloud.
Dressed in a quite unremarkable fashion.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...