Monday, September 06, 2021

FEEDING THE SAVAGE BEAST

It wasn't until I was halfway through it that I realized the reason I had been feeling physically wrecked today was because I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. The German pudding tart (德式布丁撻) was the first sustenance in over 24 hours. I've spent most of the time since yesterday's lunch cleaning and polishing briar pipes, and I kind of lost track of time. Which is easy to do do, when the surface translucence of the wood, the opaque depth of the absorbent dark clouding, and the patterns of refraction within the grain, all occupy the mind.

Only one sandblast; it looks like a king now.
Five smooth briars.

When your blood sugar plummets, the entire body seems achy. Correcting that situation is easy, and important. I do not know what makes the pudding tart German. This is a mystery. Quite likely the baker of the item in question doesn't know either, it's just the name. Like Swiss Wings (瑞士雞翼 'seui-si kai yik'), that is what it has always been called.


Fixed a small bowl of Thai green curry Italian sausage meatballs afterward. I do not know why it's called 'Italian Sausage'. That's probably just an American term. Thai green curry is named after the fresh green chilies in the paste. Further colour is provided by basil leaf.
It was splendid on toasted cheesy bread.



My blood sugar level has been restored. All is well in the world. Life is beautiful.
The time for a bowl of chocolate icecream is upon us.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...