Thursday, September 02, 2021

IT'S LOOKING AT YOU

Like a total paranoid I keep checking the weather updates, convinced that the climate is out to get me. One the one hand (literally), two of my finger tips are numb. On the other hand, if it gets too warm during my workweek, it may be difficult and painful to move around a lot. The numbness is Raynaud's phenomenon (雷諾氏綜合症 'leui nok si jung gap jing'), which kicks in when the temperature around me is less than 57°F. The heat pain is caused by my high blood pressure medication, which means that with my already poor physical response to temperature extremes, made worse by the effect of amlodipine besylate on blood flow in my calves and upper back, and coupled with circulatory issues, things become somewhat surreal.

It's all the effect of 5G. As caused by the vaccine. Perhaps Joe Rogaine or invermectin would help? Why is Bill Gates obsessed with my McNugget purchases?
It's the darned gubmint, isn't it?


From a perch high in a tree, a fuzzy grey spy robot is observing.
Due to its design, it is far more interested in my nut buying activities.


鼯鼠

Actually, what's pictured above is the Japanese dwarf flying squirrel (日本鼯鼠 'yat pun ng syu'; Pteromys momonga), which emerges at night to feed on vegetable matter, mostly fruits, nuts, and seeds. The small herbivorous creature (maximum length when extended: 8 inches) has no interest in my protein consumption, and given what it looks like might have had some influence on Hayao Miyazaki when he was making My Neighbor Totoro.
A little globulous beast when perched.

Thanks to finding out about these creatures, and their kin the Japanese Giant Flying Squirrel (白肚鼯鼠 'paak tou ng syu'; Petaurista leucogenys), the word 'patagium' has become part of my vocabulary. And while that may prove useful when sarcastically referring to the effects of a crash diet on some flappy old geezers I know, I doubt that it will be very uttered very often.

Really, that's a dashed hard word to work into conversation.

Both creatures are common on the main islands of Japan, and I've heard that the second one also occurs in Kwantung (廣東) in southern China. They are not native here (San Francisco, California), and I've never seen flying squirrels in the wild.


It should warm up a bit later. Still no flying squirrels, however.
There are no spy robots, nor nanochips in vaccines.
Bill Gates is small, round, and furry.
Trust me on this.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...