Thursday, September 23, 2021

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

Should I go get a porkchop? This is the question in my mind as I dawdle over early coffee before going outside with a pipe for a smoke. It's not that I'm hungry already, but I like the ambiance of the chachanteng where I often get chops. Another chachanteng has different foods, as well as its own ambiance. And I like the staff at either place.

Maybe I should ask for a fried egg on top?

Hot food, milk tea, smoke afterwards.

Got to support the home team.


There are a number of places that I'm glad to see have survived the pandemic. And one of the great things about Chinatown is that there are fewer unstable loonies, and more people wear their masks, than elsewhere in the city. I've always felt secure there, now more than ever. The concern with not getting infected, not passing along disease to children and at risk old folks, pays off in more attention to masking at all times when on the street, which, given how complacent and careless every body else in this city is, is immensely reassuring.

We're all in this together. Folks in Chinatown take that seriously.

The rest of the damned city seems like a madhouse.


So. Porkchops? Or baked seafood rice?

Maybe fried rice stick noodles.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...