Monday, September 20, 2021

HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, KID

The body, for most people, most of their lives, is a finely tuned flesh vehicle that most of the time doesn't need an oil change or a major tune-up. Then as they get older one or two things may go slightly wanky.

Which, more or less means that getting medical insurance through CCHP a few years ago was one of the smartest things I ever did. When coverage went into effect I went down to the clinic, walked out with prescriptions for high blood pressure and tests scheduled for later that month, and less than four weeks afterwards had a stent installed.

Seven months after that I crawled in at six in the morning with a ruptured appendix.

Half a year ago I got vaccinated for Covid there.
So that was another bullet dodged.


This morning I had an appointment with an eye doctor (眼科醫生 'ngaan fo yi sang', 眼科博士 'ngaan fo bok si') to follow-up on a previous visit. The excellent news is that Latanoprost has alleviated the ocular pressure in the left eye, and I probably won't be blind on the left side until long after I'm dead. And I intend to postpone dying for very many years, so .....


After the appointment I went and had bowl of preserved egg and pork congee (皮蛋瘦肉粥 'pei dan sau yiuk juk')with a fried dough stick (油條 'yau tiu') nearby. Followed by a walk and smoke.
So I'm feeling happy as a clam right now.
It's a lovely day. Nice weather.
Things look rosy.

And a hot beverage within reach on a little tray.

Might head out for another walk around tea-time. Haven't decided on the pipe for that yet, probably one of these three:
They're sort of bright and summery, and express the sprightly young thing within.


Of course, the turkey vulture sharing this room thinks that the main purpose of the human flesh vehicle is to provide him with fatty thighs to eat; so he's disappointed at my scrawn, and my plans to live another several decades. Surely I'll be old and tired by then?
And my thighs will be stringy and tough. I'll taste gamey!
Disappointed turkey vulture

Yep. That's the plan.
More or less.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...