Thursday, April 29, 2021

DOES THIS REALLY TASTE LIKE MACAO?

It's in an attractive metal box that boldly states 雞蛋捲澳門風味 -- chicken egg rolls, Macao flacour. And, like a cat, I'm a sucker for attractive boxes. So inviting, so promising of reward, pleasure, luxury, and snackiness. That's why I've always been fond of egg-roll cookies.


雞蛋捲澳門風味!
['kai daan kuen Ou mun fung mei']
Sabor de Macao / estilo Macaense


They are indeed yummalicious. But are they really the taste of Macao? They're manufactured in the mainland, and other than the term 澳門 ('ou mun') there is no clue hinting at a Macanese derivation.
And I have never been to Macao.
So I never saw them there.

Would I buy them again?
Oh jayzus yes.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...