Wednesday, November 04, 2020

THE LONG JOURNEY

A good way to calm down when you're on pins and needles because apparently counting is difficult is to load a pipe, light up, and find something else to read. And imagining how much discomfitted the people you despise are at this time.
I recommend it for everyone.
Well, not strictly speaking everyone. There are some people (very many people) whom I wish a horrible day, filled with acid indigestion, a hacking cough that brings up their bowels, and a screaming head-ache, followed by dis-invites to Thanksgiving and the feasting near the solstice. As well as the plague, alcoholism, and panic attacks.

Sherlock Holmes series Rathbone pipe by Peterson. Solani 633 Virginia Flake with Perique. It is relatively quiet outside, much like late yesterday evening, when the neighborhood seemed to be holding its breath. Sunlight against the window shades.


I am cognizant of the fact that I can be mean-spirited and vindictive.
These are virtues, with which I'm quite comfortable.

The pipe which I'm currently smoking has a nice deep bowl, and should last slightly over an hour, during which I'll be in an almost zen-like trance, while reading Headhunting In The solomon Islands by Caroline Mytinger (1942), of which I have two hardback copies.
Skin infections, mosquitoes, oppressive heat, and afflictions of the dermis.

Sheer heaven.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Lady Ignatia J. Reilly said...

Having done my civic duty, I am currently holed up in my apartment, beset by cats as I re-read Flannery O'Connor and Dorothy Allison. Much as I feel nostalgia for the region of my birth I cannot but think that south of the Mason-Dixon is nothing but grotesquerie and brutality in varying degrees. This I have experienced personally.

I have swapped my usual pitchers of French 75 for the more winter-appropriate and throat-soothing hot toddies of my youth to ease a throat ravaged by chain-smoking and yelling at wayward felinity. I refuse to turn on the idiot box as I would be yelling at that as well.

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...