Friday, June 03, 2016

LONE WOLF. OR LONE FERRET. OR BADGER.

It is somewhat baffling that so many people are rather nice to me. Well, nowadays. When I was a lot younger I was probably much weirder than I am at present. I suspect that I have quieted down and learned how to behave in far less Aspy ways. And possibly I am more likable too.
Which is not something I planned.


Years ago I was rather full of myself. I have since then gradually come to realize that I am perhaps not destined for greatness (which I couldn't have described anyhow), and have also become more interested in people. And I've gained expertise in how not to rile folks up, or inadvertently hurt their feelings.


I just wish that growing up did not take so long.


All this would have been valuable knowledge when I was a teenager.
At which time I was much more inclined to be social, though far less adept at actually functioning as such.

Sometimes nowadays the extent of my sociability is gazing out of the window of a bakery while enjoying a hot cup of Hong Kong Style Milk Tea. Perhaps while fondling the pipe I have just finished smoking, or intend to smoke once I leave.

Having someone else there would be nice. Provided she too enjoyed pensive silences in a noisy environment, and long quiet times.
But I do not know anyone like that.



I have become sort of a codger.
Agreeable, but restrained.
No wild parties.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realized when I started feeling mature, I was getting the aches and pains to go along with it.

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...