Saturday, March 06, 2021

WAITING FOR THE ZOMBIES

A comment string under an essay written eight years ago is infested with Dutch speaking zombies. My people. I'm touched. Well, except for the zombie part. The walking dead are not my people. They may have at one point been my people. But, as people, zombies leave something to be desired. One cannot invite them in for a cup of tea.

I, on the other hand, am fine with a cup of tea.


I drink more tea in Marin than in San Francisco, because I have hot cups of tea at work to stay hydrated, and remain alert to the skeevy shenanigans of the elderly Republicans I babysit.

None of whom are, to my knowledge, zombies.

Or as yet deceased.


I'm patient.


Thanks to my apartment mate, I now head to work with an Aggretsuko-themed backpack for my pipes and tobacco. The previous backpack was Minions-themed, the one before that Hello Kitty. Because, of course, a pipesmoker needs a stylish luggage for his stuff.
And a man-purse just looks silly.
From the Aggretsuko Wiki fandom page: "Aggretsuko centers around Retsuko's day-to-day life as an accountant at a Japanese trading firm. Dealing with everything from sexist superiors to obnoxious co-workers, Retsuko vents her emotions through death metal at the local karaoke bar she frequents.
After five years of being a corporate slave, she forms an unlikely friendship with the CEO's secretary and the company marketing director. Will this be the break she needs to finally better her work life?"

Despite the fact that I am a middle-aged Dutch American male, and fairly despise Karaoke, and in no way a female red panda office worker, Aggretsuko speaks for me. I too wish to scream death metal lyrics because of job-related emotional states.
Purely as an intellectual conceit, of course.


The great thing about death metal is that it doesn't matter what language it's in, it could be in Dutch, but it all sounds like Klingon anyway.




AFTER WORD

Once I got home, I had cake, courtesy of our downstairs neighbor and landlady. When you are waiting for the zombies, cake alleviates the tedium. Cake is good. Such a happy food. And it's great with the coffee you need for relaxation after a long day at the salt mine.

For some reason, Klingon screaming is no longer necessary.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...