Thursday, March 18, 2021

PEACE, LOVE, AND UNDERSTANDING

Apparently Robert Aaron Long had a good reason for going on a shooting rampage. A lot of things in Georgia qualify as good reason for doing that. Local law enforcement is keenly attuned to it, and has nurturing feelings.


"He was pretty much fed up and had been kind of at the end of his rope. Yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did."
------Captain Jay Baker, Cherokee County Sheriff's Office


If some of my Asian American neighbors were like that, there would be dead Caucasians all over this neighborhood. If women felt like that, very many males would have snuffed it.
And if I thought like that, unimaginable consequences.

Having a "really bad day" is not a reason, nor an explanation.
Except in Cherokee County. Possible Fox country.

My apartment mate is Chinese American, an old classmate from the last time I went to college. Despite very many "really bad days", she hasn't killed anyone yet. I have a new appreciation for her tolerance now. No dead whites or males.


Maybe we have to be careful around rural Southerners?
And make sure they don't have "really bad days"?


You know, I've had some pretty bad days. Like the two years plus when miraculously I didn't die of a heart attack, before my insurance kicked in and I went down to Chinese Hospital and got treatment, and within less than a month a coronary stent. Those were truly horrid days. The nurse who admitted me there was having a "really bad day" that first visit; an ill-tempered Caucasian dude (me) who stank of tobacco can cause that, even without trying.

If the admitting physician there when my appendix ruptured had had a "really bad day" (night, actually), and thought like Robert Aaron Long or Captain Jay Baker, I would be dead now.

There were a whole heck of a lot of people at the hospital while I was there who, honestly, were also having "really bad days". Which is more or less what the ICU is all about.


Cite:
The suspect told investigators that "he loved God and guns".
End cite.



At this moment, there are people all over having really bad days.
Including very many Christians and gun aficionados.
That right there may be a problem.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...