Monday, March 15, 2021

IF YOU LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO, FORGET ABOUT GETTING VACCINATED

Three weeks ago 'City and County of San Francisco' sent me an e-mail telling me breathlessly that I am elligible for the vaccine. So I checked around, made phone calls, and investigated. The result? Zip diddly. Yesterday they sent another breathless e-mail. And, with the news blaring that vaccines were now open to "middle aged people" (defined as aged sixteen to sixty four years old), my hopes went up.


I need not have hoped. This is San Francisco. So nix, nada, diddly squat. Complete bupkes. According to California's state government, ten percent or more of the state's population have been fully vaccinated. I did not know so many of us worked for the state. San Francisco is patting itself on the back about how they've performed very well indeed.
Many people are on the public payroll.


Based on today's results, I am not likely to get vaccinated in this city until sometime in the next century. If ever. So I fully expect another one of their damned breathless e-mails, rather like the Nigerian Banker e-mails or the Irish Sweepstakes, with exactly the same depressing results, before the end of the month. And then again in April. And May.


Yesterday I met two more people who have experienced a Covid 19 infection. Sofar, none of the Covid veterans I've met have died, but it's only a matter of time.

Many of our politicians have been vaccinated. Bar tenders who haven't worked in months have been vaccinated. Street people have been vaccinated.


If you are not a politician, bar tender, or street person, you have probably not been vaccinated.

You probably won't be.

Die, mofo.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...