Tuesday, March 09, 2021

GIMME SOME OF THAT!

Maybe it is appropriate that the video of a man over a period of several days feeding the seagull outside his top floor window gets interrupted by an advertisement for Sub Zero, Wolf, and Cove. I hate those ads. I shan't buy their products. Everybody in those ads looks healthier, more prosperous, and more bourgeois than me. And there is NO chilipepper OR sambal in any of their damned videos. Despite evidence of ethnicity, they look too white for that.
I also strongly doubt that those drips have even heard of fish sauce.

The seagull ate very well. Smoked salmon. Scotch egg.
Fish sticks, fish cakes, fish salad.

Such a happy bird.
What that seagull obviously needed afterwards was a cup of strong coffee and a smoke. Plus somewhere to warm his tootsies by the fire. At some point, I'm going to draw that, because the idea charms me. But this morning's illustration is something I drew yesterday, namely the squat bulldog pipe I've had since my late teens. First one I acquired.

I've always been fond of squat bulldogs. Clark Gable had nothing to do with it, I never saw the photos of him happily smoking one till a couple of years ago, but he looked incredibly content doing so. The acme of smooth and confident. Soigné.

It's a great tea time pipe, but I held off, and decided to smoke it this morning while out taking an early walk. After which dammit I now need somewhere to warm my tootsies by the fire. With a cup of strong coffee. I used to be able to hack this weather, but I think I've lost some of my teenage insulation over the years.

Shouldn't surprise anyone, because I haven't been a teenager for decades.

I fear that in some ways I resemble that seagull more than a juvenile human. I'll have some of what he's having. Smoked salmon, Scotch egg, fish by-products, and a yummy flaked smoked fish salad. And perhaps buttered toast to hold it all up.

Followed by coffee, and in lieu of a warm fire I'm going back to bed.
The down comforter is like a nest, I'll read a bit.
It's cold enough for that.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...