Wednesday, March 10, 2021

THE WETNESS AND THE CHEESE

Having lived in the Netherlands during most of my formative years, I should be used to the rain. And largely, rain does not depress me, but gives me visual comfort. Though it is mood-altering, and my emotional state is different during inclement weather. Also, I prefer to be indoors looking out. More womb-like. Comfortable.
I dreamed I was in our old house in Valkenswaard, downstairs in the front room. The sliding doors to the dining room were ajar, which was unusual. My brother preferred to keep them closed. The dining room was his study. His chess books were there. It was dark, velvety.
And someone I knew was coming down the stairs.

When I woke just before midnight I went out to the front steps of the building where I live now and had a smoke. It is cold, the street is wet. Somehow it seems more gloomy than home. There was someone still sitting in the bus stop down the block. A fairly mediocre place to shelter from the weather.


It has rained off and on since after tea time.

We do not get tropic downpours here.
And never typhoons either.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...