Friday, January 31, 2020

I AM NATIVE!

The other day someone pulled the "I'm a native American so I would know" crap. To which my response was "you're so white you glow in the dark". Other than that he lives in Marin County and is kinda spiritual and sh*t, there is not one blessed iota of 'Native American' about him. But it's a convenient excuse for his Iron John tendencies.

I am probably closer to validly claiming 'Native American' than he is. There are some 'Native Americans' in the family woodpile. But so far back that they were just goofy looking Protestants to the rest of the congregation.
Altogether, not even four percent of my racial make-up.
If even that.


So, for the record, I am 'White'. Caucasian. European ancestry, mostly from territories bordering the North Sea. Deeply in touch with the poetic horned Viking and earth-mother ignoring third world colonizer within. My people wielded battle axes and proudly slaughtered our neighbors when necessary. And oh boy did that contribute to our meaningful spiritual development!


Oh, and somewhere along the line we also invented movable type, stainless steel, and hot and cold running water.


The modern restaurant menu would be impossible without them.

You're welcome, and bon appétit.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...