Sunday, January 12, 2020

NICE TO SEE ME!

When a young woman says "it's nice to see you again", what she means is that it's nice to see me again. Or possibly that it's very nice to see that my health is better, and it's good that the combination of doctor's visits and beastly cold weather hasn't pushed me into a early grave. Something nice and neutral, in any case. I am too senior a dude for it to mean anything naughty. There is an age difference of decades in her favour, and I have every reason to assume that I smell bad to sensitive creatures.

I'm old(er), and I smoke a pipe.

That right there says it all.

Still, it's nice that she feels that it's pleasant to see me again. A man likes to be seen again. And it's a very good thing I don't have thought balloons over my head.
I may look like a cute old geezer, even a decent bloke -- shan't speculate about that, though when I look in the mirror my recent haircut makes me seem quite civilized -- but I'm actually a nasty fellow. Wicked.


"Yo, old fossil, what do you want with my daughter?!?"


Nothing but gooooooood things, sir! We will pray together! Read the good book! In a nice warm comfortable place! Somewhere quiet.


Okay, I don't think I could pull that one off. Even I would choke if someone tried that crap on me. Especially someone like me.


It's so nice to see me again.
But that's all it is.
Dammit.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...