Tuesday, January 07, 2020

TWEETY

While I largely approve the whacking of Qasem Soleimani, who richly deserved it, the subsequent presidential tweet-storm was quite unnecessary. As was our mentioning in so many details what had transpired.

Imagine, instead, a press-conference a few days later. Hypothetical.


"General, can you confirm that the United States military fired missiles at the two-car convoy that carried Qasem Soleimani?"

"No. At this time I do not possess enough information."

"General, they say Soleimani was killed by a US strike."

"I'll have to get back to you on that."

"General, did we kill him?"

"I don't know."


General Qasem Soleimani had many enemies, the list of entities with missiles who may have wanted to whack him is nearly endless. Hell, we could have subtly planted the suspicion that the Russians did it.

Or the French. Or the Turks.

President Trump jumping up and down with pom poms yelling "yay, we killed the hufter, yay, America da greatest!" like a giddy highschool football player who finally had an orgasm, really doesn't help matters.

Somebody should take away his tweeter.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...