Thursday, January 30, 2020

IT WAS STILL LIGHT

Two cute small creatures. On was a little girl with a pretty face and bright eyes, the other one was young long-haired dachshund named 'Leo'. They were not in the same place, but I think they would have liked each other.


Counter woman: "Ney oi mat-ah, mui mui?"
[What would you like, little girl?]

Little girl: "Ngoh jung-yi naai yau baau, yi yi."
[I should like the cream bun, auntie.]


She looked adorable when she thanked the counter woman for the cream bun her mother bought her. "Doh jeh, yi yi!" I'm totally a sucker for small lovable creatures. Especially when I'm full of pastry and hot milk tea.

After my snack I enjoyed a pipe while wandering around Chinatown.
Too many tourists dithering about wide-eyed.
None of them lovable.


The little dog was at the Walgreens where I was adding money to my transit card. A small quiet curious beast, friendly, but reserved. I had first seen him when I got off the bus, and then discovered he was in line behind me.
Some pets are a great credit to their humans.
It also works the other way.


One of these days I must try the cream bun.
It's probably very good indeed.

奶油包。




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...