Thursday, April 20, 2023

THE GIFT

Sometimes I prefer to be far away from people when I'm smoking. It's probably a facet of getting older. Dark flake, cup of strong tea, and quietness. Plus a touch of Perique.

Get away from me, you little disease spreading persons, for all I know your cooties are deadly to my kind. You are ALL ambulatory Petri dishes! Wet and moldy, too!

Fortunately no one can actually see me mouthing those words.

Because of my mask, covering nose and mouth.

It keeps us all healthy.
Half empty bars, quiet coffee shops, restaurant with lots of vacant tables. These all appeal to me. Otherwise there are too many people. If I'm social, it's best one-on-one, without much background murmering or racket. Large groups make me intensely uncomfortable.

During that last year or two when I still went to bars fairly often I would either hang around the portico smoking by myself, with my drink upstairs, being watched by the bar tender, or sit outside at one of the tables in the semi-light from the plate glass window, half in the shadow. Since medication I have not visited most of my former hang-outs, except maybe once or twice. I'm not into sports, at all, so there isn't much to talk about.

Whatever the teams are doing leaves me cold.


Please imagine how excruciating March Madness as well as the beginning of the baseball season have been. Admittedly listening to the old whiners in the back talking politics would be worse, but popular beer-sponsored sports plus televised golf or tennis are sufficient reason to think that a plague would not be so bad.

The Black Death Matters!
Apocalypse now!



Sorry. My bad. If your lavender bunny or teddy bear wishes to chide me, OR agrees with me (as such creatures would), I shall be patient. Being chewed out by a raccoon or a cookie monster for being inhuman in my attitudes is something which I can tolerate.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

LATE SEASONAL RAINS

Because the teevee is out in the backroom, some of the soon-to-be-decomposed gentlemen in who infest the place had a mediocre day yesterday ...