Saturday, April 15, 2023

TAKE YOUR APPLE PIE AND ...

After a minor discussion with the gentlemen in the back room, I heard one of them mutter "go back where you came from". Seeing as I speak with a "foreign" accent, and tend to disagree with them over several issues -- there really is no love lost there -- it was probably about me.

Very well. My parents were American citizens. Both of my grandfathers were in American uniforms during WW1, born in this country. I was born here. I am back where I came from.


You know, there are damned good reasons to hate the Red States. One of them for me is that the phrase "go back where you came from" most often seems to come from conservatives and folks from the great American heartland.
Stupid comments about foreigners? Ditto.



All of you Republican and Christian "True Americans" can go and intercourse yourselves.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine married a lovely Persian lady who recently obtained American citizenship. She fled Iran’s theocracy a good ten years ago and made a new life in the SF Bay Area. Sometimes this friend contemplates moving to a less costly red state, though not being either conservative nor republican, he of course hesitates. What always stops him dead in his tracks though is the fact that his spouse is not Caucasian, and speaks with an accept, albeit a soft one. That, and he hates rednecks.

Search This Blog

LATE SEASONAL RAINS

Because the teevee is out in the backroom, some of the soon-to-be-decomposed gentlemen in who infest the place had a mediocre day yesterday ...