Monday, April 03, 2023

STOP PICKING YOUR NOSE, YOUNG MAN!

Out of nowhere, when I finally got off the phone, I was being introduced to our new sales department from the Mid West, in town for orientation: a young Persian woman, a black woman freshly graduated from a Christian college, and a pudgy unkempt young fellow to whom I took an instant dislike. We have no Mid West office, landline phones are SO last century, and Metoprolol makes dreams more intense and disturbed.

When I got to the teevee room with my coffee I found the turkey vulture holding a note reminding me of good things to eat in the refrigerator, which he had already mentioned last night when I came home, before I crashed. Among them apple turnovers, which are great (according to him) heated up and served with chocolate ice cream (freezer compartment). My apartment mate worries that I am too scrawny.

Good lord woman, I do NOT want to look pudgy and unkempt like a dislikable nose picking dude from the Mid West who probably skateboards, plays video games all weekend, and doesn't even know where Persia is.
I am a lean and mentally active Dutchman, I do not need to associate with shapeless Bob. Or any of them. But kudos to the dream enterprise that hired such a diverse staff to sell our basketballs made in Tiburon.

No, what I ate before bed last night (chocolate) did not influence my dream, that was purely Metoprolol. Basket balls? Made in Tiburon?


Tiburon, as everyone knows, does not have a basketball factory, being a wealthy enclave with no industry where more lines of coke are sniffed than anywhere else in Christendom. Whereas the Mid West is solidly methamphetime and fentanyl territory.
Here in San Francisco, where we are all snootyand disapproving natural substance puritans, we are all out of our minds on gluten free coffee and guarana.



I have long ago learned not to try to understand my dreams or analyse them. The page of fine print that comes along with every refill explained that this would happen, and though there are elements from what went on the previous day OR what's on the forefront of my mind in them, it's pointless. I do not skateboard, and I've never visited the Mid West.

Nor do I watch basket ball.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DID YOU WEAR YOUR SPECIAL HAT?

Nothing says 'Cinco De Mayo' like a taco bowl from the Trump Tower Grill! It's a fiesta in your digestive tract. And to zip it u...