Saturday, April 29, 2023

SUITABLE WINTER FOOD

The local internet news media informed us that we were in for some hot weather here in the Bay Area. So yesterday morning, it being rather warmish, I decided that I actually did not need to wear my coat -- it's a well-insulating garment -- and forewent it. No problem. It was a pleasant day, wih slight fog in the morning. When it gets hot inland, it pulls the fog in, so it might be higher than room temperature but still Sam Spade-ish.

Don't believe everything you read.

It was cold at dusk.


Yesterday evening the bus back to civilization did not come. I ended up catching the one that came half an hour afterwards. Which is a lifetime when you are dying of a heartattack while savage wolves are eating you alive freezing your balls off at a deserted bus pad in the icy tundra next to the freeway. The howling, the howling! Damn these suburbs! I could see the hungry buzzards wheeling overhead searching for dead critters. Fortunately I was twitching enough that they didn't come for me, but they were close, real close.

The bleached bones of those who gone before lay gleaming, killed by the cold arctic blasts. Hyenas stuck in the tidal swamps were being chivied by hyenas. It became necessary to dodge the poisoned darts of the mud people.

Darn. This cold. No wonder Robert Falcon Scott perished in this climate.

I hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming.

And no passing taun tauns.
It seems rather a pity to waste an entire taun taun just to stay warm.

Is there something combustible nearby so I can roast part of it? And perhaps one of these Marinite scungers dropped a Habanero or two? Fatty taun taun meat probably needs a squeeze or two of lime also to cut the grease. As well as ground cumin.

If a Mexican with a leaf blower passes by I'll ask him for cooking suggestions, but this is Marin, so the chances are that it's just a Vegan.They are of no use whatsoever.

They probably burn sage in this part of the world to keep warm.

It's spiritual and cleansing.



Maybe if I sacrifice the Vegan those buzzards will stop looking at me?




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

LATE SEASONAL RAINS

Because the teevee is out in the backroom, some of the soon-to-be-decomposed gentlemen in who infest the place had a mediocre day yesterday ...