Sunday, April 09, 2023

DREAMING OF VIOLINS

Previously I may have mentioned that my bloodpressure pills make dreams more vivid and interesting, yes? This morning, while carefully restoring a violin -- steam, heat, scrapers to remove old crud, and careful work with a pot of hot rabbits' hide glue -- the Hinomaru March was playing in my head. And it must be emphasized that in the wake world I have never done anything like that. Rarely have I even been in the same room as rabbits' hide glue OR violins. Musical instruments have not been a main theme in what I do with my hands.
There is nothing like a violin work-shop here.
Nor any rabbits' hide glue.
In fact I am only passingly familiar with the internal construction of a violin.

Other than certain woods I am a complete novice.

Briar, walnut, boxwood, cherry, cedar.

Some tropical hard woods.

Agarwood.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

LATE SEASONAL RAINS

Because the teevee is out in the backroom, some of the soon-to-be-decomposed gentlemen in who infest the place had a mediocre day yesterday ...