Thursday, August 17, 2017

CIGAR FUELED BABOONS

During work today I got to overhear the unreconstructed elements justifying slavery (back then, though probably not now, because times have changed), advocating for the retention of statues of Confederate heroes (because that's our history, you know), plus more support of and understanding for the police (we're too quick to judge, that's the modern age), and similar things which make you wonder what planet these folks are from.

Pride, Patriotism, as well as Law and Order!

The other side did not have a permit!

Indeed, I think all of them except the Agreeable Subcontinental Gentleman voted for the fat-faced schmuck. The Agreeable Subcontinental Gentleman damned near shat on himself cheerfully getting along with the others.
Camaraderie among equals, and all that.

I did not get a chance to tell him of my great idea to put a statue of general Dyer in Jallianwala Bagh, because, you know, that's history.
Pride, Patriotism, as well as Law and Order!
I am sure he'll appreciate it.



During the afternoon an Irishman asked a Jew what the highest interest was that could be charged. Because naturally the Jew might know.

It is a tribute to both gentlemen that they both considered the question completely natural.

Perhaps because of post-mediaeval ignorance and Americanism.



For my next great idea, I propose painting blackface on all Confederate hero statues, and giving them the names of Soviet Politburo members. Pointless and absurd, but this way everybody can piss and moan.
Some more than others.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

The back of the hill said...

It turns out that despite living here eighty percent of my life, despite my parents having a history in SF, despite my family on both sides having been in North America for several generations, and even despite my first American ancestor being born here nearly four centuries ago, because I spent time overseas I am a fucking foreigner, and should go back to Europe.
---------------------
And in Europe, I am always and eternally an American.
---------------------
So logically, all of you uncomplicated people had better keep out of my immediate vicinity, because I'm likely to go Viking or Hun on your simple native asses (and final solution y'all). G'wan, skoot.
---------------------
屌你嘅。


Anonymous said...

Is that because of what some idiot in Futsbunst, East Kentucky, said?

The back of the hill said...

More or less. There are some people who will fixate on one thing, that "furrin" thing, to the exclusion of all else.

And 'furriners' are, of course, just incapable of being real human beings.

Search This Blog

KINDLY SHUT UP

If you were travelling, you rather looked forward to the easy camaraderie and hubbub of the cafe on the platform, where you'd settle dow...