Thursday, June 18, 2020

THERE ARE CORPSES EVERYWHERE!

Conversations with the turkey vulture tend to get out of hand very fast. Presently he is advocating that my apartment mate should not exercise so much, because it toughens her up. The fat content is "acceptable". And he says he's "just a sweet innocent turkey vulture", we should trust him. He cannot understand why the head roomie (ms. Bruin, a teddy bear) doesn't trust him. Why?!? Unfair!

He does not understand the ursine mind.



When I came back from my first walk and smoke, he was bitterly disappointed that I did not bring back a cadaver. Surely this neighborhood was just littered with them? Have I looked hard enough?

Yes, we've "spoken" to him.
He's stubborn.


My apartment mate is at home today. Of course this imposes limits on my actions -- can't even try to smoke indoors, or fry up some chili paste snacks -- and means that the small critters are more noisy and rambunctious.



[It is the time when she feels 'bloated' and grumpy. Like a lot of women she wants fried chicken, and blames all men worldwide for facts of nature. Her nose is more sensitive at these moments, too. Smoke is horrid.]

When I go over the hill to Chinatown later, where the Walgreens is still functioning, I shall take two pipes with me.


On Tuesday when I was there I got some siu mai (燒賣), lo mai baau (糯米飽, and wo tip (鍋貼). Plus veggies.

It's not the same as it used to be. Things are tough. Many of my favourite places will not survive this pandemic, and naturally I worry about the people that run them. How will they survive? How will they eat?


Of course, that goes for everybody I know. But for people who have trouble with the English language it's a particular problem, and while as a society we may be more conscious of racism toward the black community, our bigotry regarding people of Chinese ancestry is greater than at any time in the last two decades. So for them, simply making ends meet and staying housed, fed, and employed, has become more difficult.

Not everybody, of course. Perhaps not even most.
But one asshole can ruin an entire day.




TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...