Thursday, June 11, 2020

GOOD RIDDANCE

Someone on Facebook unfriended me because I took issue with his post. He had asserted that George Floyd was no saint, citing allegations of incarceration and drugs, and implied that his death was therefore less of an issue. And he was angry at all the attention that man was getting.

My response was that there was a perfectly reasonable expectation that when someone is arrested that will not result in murder. Whether George Floyd was a saint or a sinner remains immaterial, it was not the task of the police to make that determination and execute him. Subsequent protests have been met with police violence, thus precisely proving the point that demonstrators wished to make.

Also, pepper spraying a nine year old girl in the face, such as happened in Seattle, was not by any standards reasonable police conduct.


In all honesty, I had earlier put him on snooze because of other inbred ideas, but two days ago I unsnoozed him. I think he may have finally realized that there was no way in hell I'd ever vote for his chosen messiah, and might actually detest everything he stood for.


What's ironic is that he prefaced his post by stating that if "snowflakes" chose to unfriend him because of his opinion, oh well, so be it.


dot      dot      dot      


'Bye, Felicia.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...