Sunday, June 28, 2020

THE MARKETING POOFLE

A friend mentioned his effort to find a date for his son, a shy somewhat judgmental fellow. Who has a promising legal career ahead of him. And doesn't have a girlfriend. Which my friend does not have either.

He stated that his son would probably refuse to date the girl. Who was charming in a sort of earthmom horse ranch kind of way, all heart and warmth.

I am the bad Dutch uncle. I told him to call up the girl, explain that his son was an ass, and could he take her out to dinner instead?
As a single man he owed it to himself.


"Oh, she wouldn't be interested in me, I'm old, have no career and no prospects, and I'm boring."


No no no! You are a wise tribal elder, with spirituality!

Gotta put a spin on it.


Yeah, I really should claim that about myself also, but I won't. I cannot possibly pull that one off. For one thing, I've never taken part in a drum circle, don't chant, and I believe in vaccinations.
I am not a spiritual man.


Tribal elder. Spiritual.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...